Planning to study MBBS courses abroad?
If that’s the case, you’re probably looking for a scholarship. To apply for a scholarship for MBBS abroad, you’ll need to know the overall tuition fees and living costs of your study destination, so that you can pick the right scholarship to fund your education.
First of all, we’ll take you through the scholarship application process. Here are the questions we’ll be answering throughout:
- What is a scholarship?
- Who can apply for a scholarship?
- How can you apply for a scholarship?
- How to find study abroad scholarships?
- What types of scholarships are out there?
For more information on scholarships for MBBS courses abroad, you can consult our MBBS abroad consultants on the type of scholarships and grants available for you.
What Is A Scholarship?
A quick google search defines it as a financial aid or payment granted by the government to support a student’s education. This financial support can also be awarded to students in the form of a reward or achievement based on the student’s academic achievements.
Depending on the type of scholarship offered, some scholarships can be more flexible, allowing all students to apply, regardless of their academic background or financial situation.
Difference Between Scholarships & Grants
A scholarship and payment grant are similar – in the sense that both of them provide financial aid. The differences are that grants are usually need-based for students in dire situations or cannot afford the cost of the studies. Contrary to that, most scholarships are awarded based on the student’s academic and athletic abilities.
Differences Between Scholarships & Student Loans
Student loans are a form of financial aid that is required to be paid back over time, usually with an interest rate. This means the loans can be either a blessing or a curse to the student; with 43.4 million borrowers for student loans. Here’s a fun fact – the average federal student loan debt balance is $37,113 as of March 2022.
But don’t worry – this is what our study MBBS abroad consultants are here for. They’ll help you choose a scholarship that matches your finances and can provide suitable financial aid for your MBBS courses abroad.
Who Can Apply for Scholarships for MBBS Courses Abroad?
Technically, any student who meets the application requirements of the scholarship can apply. Some scholarships may target different students or different countries, so it’s best to do thorough research beforehand. Our study MBBS abroad consultants can help you with figuring out the best scholarship to take for your medical courses abroad. Better be informed than stay lost and confused!
Some of the things you need to check for scholarship eligibility are the application deadlines, and whether it is open to local students, international students, or both. Our MBBS abroad consultants will do all the heavy lifting and paperwork for you – so you can relax!
Here are some of the common and necessary documents for a scholarship application:
- registration or application form
- letter of motivation or personal essay
- letter of recommendation
- letter of acceptance from an academic institution
- proof of low income, official financial statements
- proof of extraordinary academic or athletic achievement
How Can You Apply For A Medical Courses Abroad Scholarship?
Once our MBBS abroad consultants have nailed a suitable scholarship for you to study abroad, you can start applying for it. Here’s how a short breakdown of how the process will look like:
1) Register for the scholarship. You will be guided to an online application form to be filled with all your personal details.
2) Check your email to ensure you’ve received the confirmation email.
3) Each application will require a personal statement about why you want to apply for this scholarship. When writing, remember to be unique and original. Most importantly, be honest.
4) Provide solid proof of your academic achievements, part time jobs, athletic awards or artistic endeavors. You can also add some references that will vouch for you. Employers, teachers, and mentors can be direct references if the university wishes to contact someone. Don’t forget to translate the documents to English!
5) Get someone to proofread the documents before submitting it. Or ask our talented study MBBS abroad consultants – they’re professionals!
6) Wait for the good news! If you’re selected, you’ll immediately be informed by our study mbbs abroad consultants within 1 to 2 weeks.
*Important tip: Mark your calendar with the application deadlines and submission dates. Especially if you are applying for multiple scholarships, it can be hard to keep track of all the different deadlines. You can make life much easier for yourself by clearly marking the date of each scholarship and medical courses abroad application deadline on the calendar.