Why should you look for a study abroad consultant if you’re looking to study abroad? Well, here’s the right question to ask – why shouldn’t you?
When it comes to medical advice, you’d rather ask a doctor for solid guidance than trust a sneaky article online. Because they are professionals who have been in the industry for a long time, they know how to understand the tricky symptoms of an illness, prescribe the right medicine, and offer useful advice.
Similarly, study abroad counsellors are there to guide you through the complicated process of studying abroad. When it comes to pursuing education overseas, there is many things you need to consider – visa application, educational documents, passport, and overseas institutional policies. Hence, foreign education consultants are needed to guide you through the process, because it is a pretty complicated one!
So, whether you are applying for a Bachelor’s degree or a language course, our study abroad counsellors are available to get in touch with to ensure you have a successful higher education abroad!
1) Avoid inaccurate and misleading information – There is so much information on studying abroad on the Internet. But just like how you can never be truly sure of your sickness from a Google search, the Internet can be a pretty confusing place if you are looking for specific information about studying abroad.
What’s even more complicated is that every country has different visa requirements and admission documents. Rather than wasting time trying to find an answer that does not exist, you’d be better off consulting with a study abroad education consultant.
2) Regretting a bad decision – This is every foreign student’s worst nightmare. You don’t want to end up in a university that doesn’t match your lifestyle, or study a course you hate. Study abroad consultants can help you avoid all that by understanding your interests and educational needs to match you with the institution that is in line with your goals.
3) Avoid mistakes – If you haven’t studied abroad before, chances are you might mess up your application by missing a document or two. Not because you are inept, but there are so many documents needed for each application that students tend to forget some of them. That’s why study abroad counsellors come in handy – they’ll inform you of any papers you’ve missed, and make sure you’re on the right track!
4) Explore several options – Don’t limit yourself to just one or two university choices. There’s a whole world out there! With a study abroad consultant, they can help to identify the best universities and even offer a whole list of institutions that match your budget, interests and location from all over the world! Isn’t that convenient?
5) Get a quick response – Universities are infamous for taking days, if not weeks, to respond. No doubt that having to wait two weeks for a response to your question is incredibly frustrating. Don’t put yourself through that – let our study abroad education consultants handle it. We’ll help you get ahead of your competition in no time.
6) Hassle-free application process – Our study abroad education consultants are partners with leading universities from Canada, UK, and US. This allows them to contact the institution directly and speed up the application process without the hassle of delays.
7) Interview prep and coaching – Studying abroad will require you to take language proficiency tests such as SATs or IELTS. Study abroad education consultants will help you prepare for these tests and mentor you on the questions so you can pass the exam with flying colors. No need for retakes!
8. Visa assistance – As stated earlier, each country has differing visa requirements and procedures. Foreign education consultants are well-versed with the process, hence they are aware of what documents you need to provide. They will also coach you through the interviews, which are very important for visa approval. In fact, the best study abroad consultants will give you tips and tricks to ace the interview easily!
With so many foreign education consultants and agencies in the country, it can be hard to determine which one is best for you. So, we’ve compiled a few tips that can help you make a good choice.
Provide advice on university & course selection – A good study abroad counsellor will provide in-depth information about the universities and courses you are interested in, with as much detail as possible. They should also be able to offer all the information regarding the university of your choice, and provide a list of suitable institutions according to your financial situation.
Know various languages – A competent study abroad counsellor should be able to speak a few popular languages. This allows communication between them and the student to flow easily. English is the main language which is widely used, but a counsellor who can speak more than one language is probably familiar with cultural backgrounds, so it’s easier for them to understand the student.
Passionate about education – Your education counsellor should be excited about helping you pursue your studies abroad. Whether it is about educating students about the courses available, helping them find a scholarship for their finances, or giving advice about their future career path, the way a counsellor responds to student’s inquiries says a lot about if they area good abroad education consultants.
Stay updated – Immigration policies do change from time to time, especially for international students. Hence, a good study abroad consultant would stay updated to these changes and be able to inform you of the latest news. They should be able to provide timely guidance and deal with these changes without difficulty.
Experience and qualifications – A professional consultant should have all the relevant qualifications and credentials. It’s not necessary to have a Master’s degree, but they should have at least the knowledge about the admission process and international scholarships. Most importantly, they should have the knowledge and experience about studying abroad, so that they can guide students who wish to pursue that route.
Strong communication skills – The first quality you should look for in a good study abroad consultant is their communication skills. The way they speak to you tells a lot if they can help you with your study abroad application. He or she should also be patient to help with your inquiries about which study destination, university or course is best for you.
1) What is the procedure to study abroad?
2) Do I really need to go to a study abroad counsellor if I want to study abroad?
3) Do study abroad counsellors really help students study abroad?
4) What is the cost of studying abroad?
5) What scholarships am I eligible for?
You may or may not be sure about your future career prospects. In that case, join our consultation to identify your true interests and carve out a path to the best of your potential!
We will recommend you top institutions in the country based on your budget and lifestyle preferences. To top it off, we’ll also assist you with the application process for each university!
Every visa application requires different documents with a unique application process. As each of them has their own set of rules and procedures, it can be quite a complicated process to undergo by yourself. Let us help you with this.
We have several partnerships with accommodation providers and can get you in touch with them for a comfortable stay. We’ll also help you compare the available listings according to your budget if needed! Just hit us up and we’ll get back to you pronto!
Please fill up the form and our conselors will get back to you shortly.
Eduloco Launches Study Abroad App & Joins Antler Singapore Accelerator Prospective students can now apply instantly to different universities and programs in the UK, US,