Now, here comes one of the most important criteria of a study abroad consultant – their background.
Just like how employers would survey a potential candidate before offering them a job, you should ‘interview’ the consultant to ensure they do have the appropriate resources and network to do their job.
There are numerous study abroad agencies that promise to help students, but not all of them are recognized by international student bodies. Carry out some research about the company’s history and the universities or student organizations they are affiliated with.
For example, eduloco’s partnership with ApplyBoard has consistently benefitted students to apply to more than 500 institutions in one go. Talk about efficient!
Another easy way to do this would be to check out reviews on their website. Alternatively, you can also browse their social media to see how engaged they are with prospective students. A good study abroad consultant knows where their potential customers are and makes an effort to interact with them.
That being said, check out eduloco’s social media here to see all the fun stuff we’ve got!
Do You Really Need To Use A Study Abroad Consultant?
The big question that many students ask – do I really need to hire a study abroad consultant?
Ultimately, it depends on you. There are several benefits to hiring a consultant, such as advising you on the application process, assisting with visa procedures, and offering community support even after you move abroad.
Students are often not clear about the benefits and requirements of international education, so it’s much easier for them to consult a professional. study abroad consultants are highly knowledgeable in various international programs and the guidelines of overseas education, which is immensely helpful to students if they wish to explore different options.
However, it isn’t unheard of for students to submit an application on their own. In fact, one of our students recently shared her experience about that here.
Here are the services our study abroad consultants can assist you with:
- Profile Assessment: Our counsellors will evaluate your student profile to determine what programs and universities are best for you based on your qualifications.
- Documents: We will note down the requirements of each university and assemble the necessary documents for your application.
- Student Loans & Scholarships: If you are looking to apply for a student loan, we can compile the relevant information for you. We also have exclusive scholarships for students applying to study in a specific country abroad.
- Proofreading: We provide proofreading and editing services for students who are struggling with their Personal Statement or Resume.
- Visa Guidelines: Our consultants will give you a detailed breakdown of the visa process and help you to prepare for the interview.
- General Queries: After receiving an offer letter and boarding your flight, we’re still available to assist you with any queries you might have about living abroad. You’ll have a whole support system for encouragement!
A good study abroad consultant makes all the difference for your future. By choosing the right professional, you advance the process and increase your chances of acceptance into university.
Have a question about studying abroad? Book a consultation here or contact us at [email protected].