Success Starts Today

Australia Student Visa Guidelines

are you planning to study in Australia?

here is everything you need to know about securing an Australian student visa!


1. International students must apply for a student Visa (Subclass 500) that will last for 5 years.

2. Students must provide a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), a certificate in an English language test, and other supporting documents.

3. Students must be covered by the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

4. The application fee starts from AUD620. There may be additional costs.

Subclass 500 Student Visa

With this Visa, you can stay in Australia for up to 5 years to pursue your full-time study at an educational institution. You are also permitted to travel in and out of Australia. You can work up to 40 hours for every 2-week period once your course commences.

To be eligible, you must:

1. Provide a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for a full-time course in Australia. The course must be registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

2. Provide evidence of your English language proficiency.

3. Be covered by the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) that is approved by an Australian health insurance provider. It must be valid throughout your entire stay in Australia.

4. Meet health and character requirements.

5. Provide financial evidence that you are capable to pay for your course and stay in Australia.


You are exempt from presenting a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) if you:

  • Are enrolled in a full-time course or training under a scholarship scheme approved by the Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade. Please provide a supporting document.

  • Received sponsor by the Australian Department of Defence. Please provide a supporting document.

  • Are a postgraduate research student staying in Australia while waiting for your thesis result. Please provide a supporting document from your education provider.

Student Visa Subclass - 2

What You Need


Current passport copies that show these details: photo, personal details, date of issue, and expiry date.


Your national identity card. (Please provide proof if you have legally changed your name.)


A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for your course.


Financial proof that you are capable of funding your entire stay and course.


Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)


Temporary entrant documents


Proof of English language proficiency.


Supporting documents if you are sponsored by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or Australian Department of Defense.

Note: Please refer to the Document Checklist Tool for a more complete list of what you need to submit with your application form. You will be required to fill in certain information regarding your passport and education provider.

When To Apply

International students / from outside Australia: 

Online Visa Application

The application must be done online. Please follow the following steps:


Health Insurance

How To Apply For Your OSHC

Duration of Stay

Extended Stay

English Language Requirements

English Language Requirements 



Visa Outcome